Saturday 31 January 2015

Fake friends

we giggled at an unseen hour
on the phone past midnight
you slowly told me secrets
that i shouldve told you wasnt right

i shared my everything with you
from thoughts to grief to sorrow
expected nothing but the same in return
yet here i am without you 'morrow

we fell apart like dominoes on a lane
except we didnt fall together
slowly you fell the other way
while i drifted back light as a feather

i called you up to ask why
where did i go wrong
what happened to the lyrics we were singing
on our very own song?

you answered me back with blank words
refused to meet me at our spot
it was almost hard for me to finally accept
what we were is naught

yet here i am looking over our pictures
pictures that you long ago threw away
reminiscing all of our favorite memories
nostalgic to our best days

we were like mold and cheese
somehow we went together well
but sometimes the mold needs more cheese to grow on
we just ran out of space to tell

i saw the words you wrote online
and the pictures of your new friend
and the same words you once wrote to me
friends forever till the end

its so ironic when people told me
countless times how heartless you were
yet i brushed away their concerns
for i thought their judgements werent fair

now i think about what they said
and how everything finally makes sense
you were a friend from the beginning
but never till the end

yet though i think of cruel words
and negative emotions towards you
you did make me happy in life
and i hope i did too

i hope youre happy now
and i do hope you make damn good friends
because i have found mine, and god theyre amazing
but now i dont believe there is an end


- dedicated to a special friend who went through a rough friendship and had to slowly let go.




-3A.M


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...