Monday 13 March 2023

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend
I've picked up this pen to write 
Too many thoughts of you 
Too many anger-filled words
Too many sorrows that broke down your essence

Tell me how you still sit and yearn
For everything , when you were never enough 
Never given enough , loved enough 

Speak to me of the peace you sleep with at night
When wrath still guards our tongue 
Better yet, tell me how you still love them
When forgiveness was carved out of our throat

I wrote and I write to tell
To tell you I am in awe of you
I am in despair for you
And yet I hope for you. I hope you're okay

Pretend we are okay
Please. I do not know the damage I have wrought 
Upon our crumbling bones 
But please be okay.
We have a long way to go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...