Monday 9 November 2015

Learning to love you

Learning to love you was like learning how to walk again. You were the open arms, waiting to catch me when i fell, and you were the constant voice of support, encouraging me to keep moving forward. Another step, a bit further, a bit closer, towards you. Falling in love with you was a risk i was unwilling to take because i was so afraid of being alone again in the end. But it shouldn't have mattered, because you took up all my spare thoughts, all my memories, and my whole soul. Every spare moment i had i spent it thinking about you, talking about you or talking to you. Soon you became a part of me, almost like we both were living each others lives separately even though we were at different places at a time. i learnt to love the darkness like a friend, and laugh at the sky even when its raining. I learnt to conquer my fears, face my demons, and break down the walls that kept my family out as well. You simply walked in, sat down in front of me, and told me your name. Since that day i knew you were different, and you changed my maybes to yes, my okays to smiles, and my promises to forevers. I learnt that to love you was to understand life wasnt a smooth journey with a few bumpy roads, but rather i had to pull us through the bumpy roads. It wasnt a journey i was going on alone, it was a journey i was going on with you. At times the ride was bumpy where we could no longer hold each others hands, and at times you wouldnt drive without holding onto me. I learnt to voice out my thoughts, fight with you desperately, sometimes wishing you would go away and leave me with the demons again. But you kept coming back, and looked beyond my words and held me tightly, assuring me that the end hadnt come yet. I learnt to trust you with a past i was hiding away from, and you simply took me out of my hiding place and pointed towards the light.

You took the pen from my hands when i was wondering what to write amongst the blank pages of my book. Instead, you told me to curl my hands around yours, and we started writing our stories together. Words became sentences, that formed memories, that now define our life. There are plenty of empty pages still left for us to write on, and maybe thats the greatest joy, knowing theres another adventure to look forward to everyday. Everytime i put a fullstop at night after spending even a few minutes just talking to you, i smile , excited to hear you or see you perhaps again tomorrow.

The pages before us maybe empty my love, but thank you, for writing what i couldnt so far. Thank you for making me learn to love again, for making me open my eyes again, and to love the rain when its pouring.



Forever and always,

-3AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...