Saturday 12 March 2016

Disposable

She spoke of me as if i was a disposable toy, easily replaced, easily forgotten. Reading back, i can see she thought of me as a nuisance, like all toys, they stay where they are discarded, just the way she discarded me alot yet i stayed where she left me. Yet when she remembered me, needed me, shed come back with cooing words and tender smiles, making me believe yet again and again that im loved and cherished and accepted for who i am. But there came a day when she moved on to a shinier, more expensive toy. The toy came in pretense of a future and greater promises, of better company, and better use. So like the basket of discarded toys she had yet thrown me into, without a backwards glance, i was tossed into the mix, buried within the gaps of the toys. They all barely spoke, barely registered as i joined them, for she draped a blanket over all of us, so that she would never remember us again.


But she forgot that unlike all the toys, i was not one to be easily discarded. Just because i came with broken pieces and broken parts did not make me unuseable. So i escaped, i escaped and found myself in the company of other misfit toys , and now im happier than i couldve ever been with her.

So sometimes, in order to understand who to love and who people are, you need to let them hurt you. See how they treat you, and ask yourself if its worth giving your all when they give naught.

Never give yourself up to anyone no matter how much you know or love them

never be a discarded toy

never be trifled with

but youre welcome
to join my island
of misfit toys
we are broken
but we are happy





semanti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...