Monday 30 May 2016

A strippers tale

A Strippers Tale

My heart has been a house
for men to come and go
As they dine and laugh, with easy going smiles
staying the nigh' before tomorrow

My heart has been warmth, a place for comfort
easing anyone suffering with pain
For they come and stay, with their worries and naught
Only leaving before tomorrow comes again

My heart has been an ocean, drowning sorrows
For i offer a good distraction from their minds
my love washes over them like the sea on sand
But they never hesitate to leave me behind

For my heart is bold, fearless and brave
but it breaks apart like brittle bones of the dead
Perhaps this is why my hearts a house
For backs are turned with no words unsaid

I wish my heart was something more
something more than just comfort and free stay
for i wish i could explain to you the yearning
to see someone with me lasting another day

for though the beds are warm at night
theyre bitter and cold in the morn
the sheets are bundled up and tossed carelessly
just like my heart that is now torn

I want to wake up to the sun in my face
with my sides still warm to touch
i want to look to my side and see a face
perhaps maybe im asking too much

for who will find me worth lasting another day
a whole day, a month, the years to come?
i am but a house, offering you shelter
when you come in trying to look for a home

i wish i could be a home for someone
someone to come to every night
for ill close my house down for the world
just so they could be home again tonight

But a home is hard to come by
and i dont know my heart will ever be what youre looking for
But if i ever find you, let me tell you something youll never know
Because for you, i will always be home




-3am

The line '  my heart has been a house, but just for tonight, just for tonight, i want it to be home'

Credits go to my little cousin, Debmalya Bandyopadhyay

1 comment:

  1. As they dine and laugh, with easy going smiles
    staying the nigh' before tomorrowstrippers in San Antonio

    ReplyDelete

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...