Saturday 7 November 2015

Names are Powerful

"Aiden Mikhail Romanov" he grinned, extending a large palm towards me. "the steel tycoon heir?" i questioned, shaking his hand. He lifted an eyebrow in suprise. "you know of the Roman Industries? No one really thinks twice when they hear my name, i thought the press was not allowed to print out any details on me" he asked, disbelief lacing his tone. I grinned, shrugging a shoulder towards him. "I may or may not also be involved in the business world" i stated, taking a sip of my coffee. "you didnt tell me your name" Aiden frowned, as he looked at me with a calculative gaze. "Ashanna" i murmured, avoiding eye contact. there was a brief pause between us, as he looked expectantly at me, waiting to tell him my last name. i sighed, internally debating with myself if i should tell this coffee shop stranger who i am, when i have successfully been hiding from the world for so long now. "Ashanna Hirsch." i whispered, clenching my knuckles. He took a deep intake of breath, as he stared at me with awe. "one of the richest business families over 2 generations" he murmured, before he slapped a palm on the table. "Wait, which Hirsch are you? the Hirsch textile tycoon billionaire or the Hirsch property industrialist ?" i snorted, trying not to smile in amusement. "Romanov, you just named both of my parents there" i grinned wide, enjoying the disbelief crossing his face as he stared at me. Then he scowled. "Dont call me Romanov" he snapped, as i tried again unsuccessfully not to smile . "Stop looking at me like that" i snapped back, as i crossed my arms over my chest. He looked at me for another few seconds then frowned, looking around the cafe. "You dont have any bodyguards for someone belonging to one of the richest families in the world, how do i know youre not lying?" Just at that moment, i got a text message from Jared stating he had come to pick me up from the cafe. i stood up, as he stood up halfway politely as well. taking my wallet out, i took out the Adara Hirsch business card of my mom and daddys name, the coldest billionaire in existence. "Aurick Edan Hirsch, aged, 53, 6ft 3 inches, Green eyes and black hair. " i slammed my palm and leaned towards him, narrowing my eyes dangerously. "never doubt my words Romanov, because i will not hesitate to bring you down to your knees if you disrespect me. and if you ever tell anyone who i am and where i am currently, i swear ill bring the Roman industries to the ground with your grave." Saying so, i left both the business cards on the table, turning around sharply and walking to the door. i had to threaten him. i had to make him stay away from me . little did i know that he wasnt the type to stay away. no one had ever threatened him, and though my words were both mean and harsh, Aiden Mikhail Romanov was not the type to step down from mysteries that refused to be unravelled. I shouldve known that from that day on, the heir of the biggest steel tycoon in the world would step into my world and break me down even more than anyone had ever before.




-3AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...