Friday 16 January 2015

letting go

My surrounding started disappearing in my eyes
Love hatred and lies 
Crashed upon me like tomorrow 
I started drowning in my own sorrow

I staggered upon the weight of pain
All those faces now haggard and stained
Everything started swimming away from me
I grabbed the air having nothing to see

Sinking upon the sodden ground
I screamed a scream but there came no sound 
Sudden realization of being alone
Rejection wormed it's way deeper than it was sown

I wept unshed tears I didn't know
Picked up my broken life from below 
I watched my hands then melt away
I stared at the spot starting to sway

Oh let hell play it's games
Let it unleash it's terror unnamed
I will stand here and take it all
I will stand up no matter how much I fall

I learned to love in this life
I learned to let go
I have been hiding away all my strife
I can't take this anymore 

Someone hand me a pen and a gun
Let me write down my last note
For I won't be here when you see the sun
In hopes you will read what I wrote 

I've lied, hurted, and lost
I've loved, lived, and smiled
I've sacrificed with the highest cost
And died a little inside once a while

I've been through pain unknown
I've spread happiness in places never sown
I tried, i tried so hard to save this girl
So I'll let her story unfold

She was a bright bubbly young chap
Who was rejected in her school
But soon she made these friends
Who made her seem cool

She finally felt accepted
But she got treated as an outcast
In shame she slowly slunk away
And this is just a little of my past

She made friends with other loners
Who were cool in their own way
She belonged again in a group
Everything was going okay

Oh but curse love and it's wretched sting
For my eyes then set upon you
Tall, thin, and awkward all the way
You were a mini me too 

I was attracted to you like a magnet
I didn't understand these feelings 
For whenever I looked at you
You left my head reeling

I changed myself for the better
Hoping you noticed me
But oh curse the luck of gods above
You were taken away from me

Darkness came in clouds so thick
And covered up my eyes
I tried and tried to look ahead
And told I'm okay, oh them lies

I felt like someone scorched me through
Put a knife in my heart
Oh if i could explain it literally
Your death tore me apart

I cried and cried and lamented above
Cursed the gods and their tricks 
For just when you knew me you were gone
In one tiny flick

That day still haunts me
When you were looking at me with a smile
Never realized it would be the last
Where I'd combust every while

I dreamt of you being happy
And you told me to let you go
So here I am holding to the promise
Here's me, letting you go

I promised one last thing before you left
It was something I'd do during my death
No matter how I die in this world
Your name shall be my last breath

So here's me setting you free
Please watch me from above 
I know you're there. I know my guardian angel
Someone I will always love




-3A.M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...