Saturday 31 October 2015

"Tell me" he begged, as his hands trembled slightly, brushing my tears away as i shivered from the unknown cold seeping into me. The shadows were at bay, but i could see them. I could see them jumping around the walls, curling around the bed, waiting to take me into their arms again. "Den" I whispered, clutcing his collar and pulling him towards me. Aiden clumsily fell onto me, but held himself on his forearms, taking care not to crush me. I curled my fingers against his shirt and pushed myself against his chest, as he leaned to his side. "Help me make it through the night" I whispered, afraid to open my eyes. I could feel it. His heart was beating erratically against his chest, probably of the physical contact. But i didnt care. I didnt care how forward i was being and how i showed him one of my greatest fears of the shadows.He paused, and then slowly put his arms around my waist awkwardly, pulling me more gently against him."I've never done this before" he confessed, and I could feel how uncomfortable he was, as his muscles tensed around me. I didnt reply, just buried my head into his chest, wanting, willing, hoping the shadows dont get me tonight. "Just dont go yet" I whispered, listening to his heart beat as it beat more steadily over time. He didnt answer, as he gave a small sigh of resignation and relaxed his muscles. The beat of his heart soon matched mine, and over time it became a lullaby, lulling me to sleep.

And for the first time in 8 years
i wasnt afraid of the dark
and i didnt get any nightmares


-3am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...