Wednesday 20 October 2021

russets and goldblooms

How cruel is the meaning of existence 
To yearn for you so desperately 
I almost strayed from my path of desire
Just so I could chase after you

Lillies and blossoms sprouted 
Upon the brick hallway I ran on
Chasing your shadows in dreams 
Just so I could get a glimpse of you 

Yet they turned to russets and goldblooms
As I slowed down my thoughts 
Merrigolds and peonies snuck their way around my ankles
To remind me you were not the one I thought 

I shouldn't have to question if it is you I desire 
And feel guilty for not being able to commit 
No , you can keep your Lillies and blossoms
I'll let my merrigolds wrap themselves within

His russets wait within the shadows of dawn
His smile is a forgotten memory I now remember
I am sorry if you never felt enough with all I gave 
But all I have is never going to be enough for you 

Russets and goldblooms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...