Wednesday 20 October 2021

fire and water

I do not regret loving you .
What is regret but chances we took knowing it would not be in our favour ?
No. I do not regret my love for you 

I do not regret the time I spent yearning for you
For who could blame a woman for wanting a soul so full of life and adoration? 
No. I do not regret yearning for you

I do not regret spending waking dreams thinking of you
In the shower , in the car, on the road , all alone 
No I do not regret having every thought of you 

I regret I am so full of water
 I almost drowned out your screams of terror 
As I washed upon your doorstep broken and bleeding 
Demanding attention 
I almost burnt you inside out with my flames of desire 
But no. I do not regret for having felt so strongly 
Because it has only made me realise the extents I will go 
To love someone who won't drown with my love

No I do not regret burning so full of love and life

S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...