Monday 5 December 2022

Haze

 I do not know how to describe the feeling of failure

The slow haze of acceptance and anxiety

Like the quiet tears mother wiped by herself at night

Or the blurry gaze of contacts of the wrong prescription 

It is akin to watching sunlight through cracks of a broken window

Glaring sunrays reflecting but not quite hitting the expanse of my skin

It is the realisation of the symphony within my head

That the world was not made for me to be in it

There is no simple way to tell you I want to die

Words are not enough to describe the emptiness in the hollows of my being

Love is poured into it endlessly yet it has not reached the bottom

Affection has been stripped from my skin

I am a walking roaring green-eyed monster

Envious of people who can love and be loved 

I am simply a being hurt and afraid of being hurt

A suicidal girl beneath the tresses

No, I do not know hot to tell you

I am Icarus flying without wings

Freefalling to the sea

With no desire of stopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...