Thursday 24 September 2015

a painful death

I think the worst thing in the world is when you meet someone who's dying. Someone who knows theres no cure for the illness they suffer from and know they can die easily whether today or tomorrow. I don't pity these people. Rather i hurt along with them silently, for no amount of prayers would save them. When a person you learn to know tells you theyre dying, our first reaction is to deny the truth. Why? Because we humans feel everything can be prevented. There are those who are afraid of aching hearts, and try to be unloveable. Those who have sicknesses such as cancer yet continue hoping for a cure. To live.
We humans, are so desperate to live. To see a tomorrow. I find it ironic , for we even kill each other to ensure our survival. It isnt survival of the fittest anymore. Rather survival of the most daring. Those believing they can live through everything.

I used to want to find a cure for cancer due to it being present in my family tree and affecting almost everyone. But living longer, does it really matter? Our wants have no end, why make the list longer?


#philosophicalmoment




-3Am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...