Saturday 12 September 2015

Meeting Katherine

Dear Katherine,

I always wonder this, as i wonder now. Where did you come from? Seriously, one day i saw you, and the next moment youve become perhaps more important than anyone in my life has ever been besides my family.

I never noticed you when we first met. I never really acknowledged the fact that we both were always working with each other, next to each other, but we never exchanged words. But i do remember how you used to be. You see, you used be like a shadow, you blended in with the enviroment, almost so that no one would know you are even there. I wish i had noticed you before you noticed me. You, with your dark hair and burnished brown eyes, standing next to the fries station quietly working, i always thought you were an introvert.

Were you okay with people not talking to you? i saw how everyone laughed and joked and talked whilst you were always there in the corner working away. Dont think it slipped my attention when i used to see you smile slightly whenever someone laughed, giggle softly when a joke was shared, and yet when it came to actual conversations, you were missing. And thank god one day you came up to me and introduced yourself.

"Hi my name is Katherine!"

I was suprised. i had never heard you speak, and being new there, i actually had already made tons of friends and i was already loud. Warily i smiled back and said "Sumi. My name is Sumi. " You glanced at my name badge and raised an eyebrow and asked "Your name says Semanti?" i laughed awkwardly and told you to call me by my nickname. Imagine my suprise when you looked at me dead seriously and said "Ill call you Semanti"

i shouldve known then how stubborn you are

Funny thing is, even though you never talked at work, you were happy. Whereas i was the total opposite. Going through depression, getting over a failed relationship with friends and family, i was totally the opposite of you in every way. Where i looked for the attention and jumped at the opportunity to make conversations, you preferred to be on your own and you looked totally okay. i wondered then if you had friends besides work. You didnt seem to be the type to hang out with large groups seeing as our working enviroment almost always consisted of more than 10 people working in one area.

had you not introduced yourself, id probably still be here, watching you working away quietly, answering only when questioned.

Whenever i have the time i always thank my lucky stars i met you

for if i hadnt my love, i honestly think i would never even be close to where i am today .

With love,

Semanti





-3AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...