Monday 21 November 2022

Survival

 I see all these words

That describe loneliness to the tee

An empty home and cold bedsheets

so beautiful yet so lonely


These words fail to form what I want to scream however

I want to tell you I am okay I promise

I am simply a sad person with a lost soul

Or perhaps just a broken being with a happy soul


I love life, I could cry cherry blossoms from my love

and sing oceans of joy inbetween shores

yet tell me why i am a person

who is so burdened by grief

That love escapes when I look to myself

love ceases to exist as i turn to myself


The truth is, I learned to survive in this society

Dependent upon how I gave all of me

Therefore once I stop giving

I fear I shall cease to exist


And therein lies the root of my problem

My crippling fear of simply not to be

To give this unconditional love until I can no longer

To then realise I cease to exist as I am


I am no one if I did not give you all of me



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...