Monday 5 January 2015

3 am

There were days when sleeping in was the best remedy I could’ve ever had. But I rarely got that remedy in my hands. Everyday was fixed in some kind of schedule, a schedule that involved several shots of coffee, energy drinks almost as strong as vodka, and tireless ,tireless energy to complete the tasks at hand. The workplace demanded utmost determination and hardwork, along with patience I had not been gifted with. My university demanded complete and utter obedience, to soak up thrown knowledge like a sponge, not knowing my mind was overfilling already by being in the classrooms and lecture theatres itself. At moments like this I wondered how the hell im keeping up with this, keeping up with all the shit that’s been fixed without my knowledge. And I was fucking killing myself. People turn to alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, and here I was killing myself to keep myself busy. Because my thoughts were the killers. And I needed these to distract myself from my own thoughts. Everyday was a struggle inbetween keeping my head above the churning waters or swallowing a mouthful of the most painful thoughts one could ever have. And they are holding me in their clutches, refusing to let go. 

and its a struggle to stay alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...