Sunday 8 February 2015

a friend

And slowly she let go
Of all things true
For no one could even understand
What she went through

Too wary to trust
too wary to heal
She sat alone in her room
Too numb to feel

And as days seemed to go by
Her eyes got more glazed
As her family tried to understand
What put her in this haze

But they shrugged it through
Blamed it on growing up
But maybe
Just a little bit of love would've been enough

She was too shy to ask for love
Too awkward to ask for attention
too broken to ask for trust
Too tired for their interruptions

So she slowly cut away all her friends
That deemed her not good enough
And slowly she immersed herself
in a life about to be rough

She chose studies not her choice
And stayed up day and night
Dark circles became more prominent
As she shied away from sunlight

Her eyes were haggard and drawn
Red rimmed through and through
So desolate for a spark of hope
Until I finally met you

You came into my life suddenly
And immediately became a friend
No matter how wary I was
And the messages I refused to send

The more you dragged me out
The more I saw what there is to see
You became a ball of sunlight
For me

I was blinded by your radiance
so pure and true
The way everything just bustled by
As we walked through


I ended up sharing secrets
That I never thought I would
You listened quietly
As we ate our food

You handed me the tinders
I needed for my flames
And started to burn
Away my shame

Away from being mistaken
Away from being imperfect
You burned my soul through and through
With warm eyes that could melt.

And as i sit here and wonder
How for the good you changed me
What would've happened
If you werent there for me?

I'm still too afraid to try
To talk when you're not there
Because my heart is still so wary
Of no one being there

So as i write this under the sun
I squint up and glance
And smile away these negative thoughts
That have put me in a trance

Maybe I wouldn't have been here
Had you not intervened
And saved me from being crazy inside
And become my very own fiend

Which is why I'm discreetly thanking you
You know who you are when you read this
For whatever life has to offer
You can always count me sharing your bliss

And when you have your moments
When everything seems to be going wrong
Its okay, I'll be there
And we'll share the burden along.

For you held my burden
And my sanity has been intact
Life is slowly looking up
And yes that is a fact

So here's to you my dear friend
Who shan't be named
Because forever I shall be grateful
You finally had this girl tamed.


Thank you.


-3A.M



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...