Tuesday 17 February 2015

cysts

What is it?
She asked me, putting an arm around my shoulders. I slumped over and grit my teeth, trying to ignore the spasms of pain circulating from my midriff. She had no idea, no idea how painful it was to even stand and work, with the countless customers ordering their coffees and sandwiches and looking at me weirdly when I kept biting my lips to stop myself from groaning in pain. I looked at her, the concern etched in her face, but her eyes darting around at the customers waiting for their meals. I shook myself off her arms and kept working wordlessly, knowing customers always came first before anything.

While on the inside it felt like I was being ripped apart to shreds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...