Wednesday 1 December 2021

caricature

I am creating a reality that involves you in it
Needn't be the trees shedding it's leaves the way my tears do 
Nor am I painting a caricature of your flaws that I see as perfection 
I shade in the hues with roses and peonies 


I know not , this caricature I hold of you 
Flawed perfections so imminently defined 
Does it scare you to know I know you?
Does it scare you I see you?

I needn't need to shake your tree to blow the loose leaves away from the unwatered branches 
No, you do well enough shedding enough tears to drown me in your sorrow 
I am all but a buoyant soul avoiding your tortured self
Yet how is it you have successfully devoid me of love ? 

This relationship is as toxic as red camellias
That grow a shade my eyes have never seen
Perhaps this is why I choose to blind myself willingly 
Pretending you are all that I need 

I know not where we go from here my love


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...