Saturday 20 November 2021

An ending

I do not know how endings come about unfiltered and unhindered
The end comes almost painstakingly obvious, does it not ?
How do we not see through the cracks where our love no longer lingers but now falls?
How do you no longer see me struggling to hold on?














No, endings like our stories don't come out of nowhere 
It seeps In through the lingering stares of realising you were not the one 
It comes in with the shortened touches of pulling our energy back 
It comes in when our lips no longer seal the hurt created through the distance 

I feel strongly , perhaps too much, for I have so much love in me
That when I can no longer heal the rifts widening between us
I can only cry and let you go 
And so I do now 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...