Saturday 18 April 2015

Do you ever feel like
You're trying to hold on to everything
But you don't want to burden people
So you bottle them up every day

Do you ever feel like
You're being weighed down
By your thoughts, your emotions, your feelings
But you don't want people to feel sorry for you

Did you ever sit down and wonder
What this is you're feeling
Because you feel so shit
You can't explain it to anyone

So you sit there by yourself
Even though you try to burst open
Because all you wanna do
Is yell at the world how upset you are

So you drown yourself with thoughts
Your tears trying to take away the pain
But even though the sun is shining outside
You feel like you're burdened by the rain

Let me tell you one thing love
I felt the same way
I still do
But it's okay

Because at times
Life throws you lemons
Squeezes them into your eyes
And leaves you on the ground

And most of the time
It's up to you to get up by yourself
And brush your hands on your knees
And stand up again

Sometimes you'll have someone
Who'll hold your hand and pull you along
And i never had that someone
Until I met you

And even though it's cheesy
And you know I'll never say this
I hope that when you're reading this
You know I'm here

Because I don't go away
No matter how much you push me
And until you hurt me enough
I'll be here to stay

So let me wipe your tears
I'll kindly ruffle your hair
And though you'll move away
Your words will be here with me

I'll silently listen to them all
And not judge without reason
I'll make sure you learn how to smile again
Even through your tears

I love you enough
And I'll say it everyday
Because youre my sister, my friend
And together, we're always to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...