Sunday 19 April 2015

shells of broken pieces

She was but a empty shell
Living without reason
Pulling through every day
With thoughts that seemed to drown her

She was but not a person
For though she barely responded to words
Even to herself she sounded dead
So empty

She was broken
So terribly her pieces were scattered
everywhere, around her
Such so no one seemed to pick them up

She said she needs time
To put herself together again
But watching her now
I don't see how

Because her shoulder droop from the mental assaults of her mind
Her eyes lifeless as they stare ahead
Her once vibrant smile so fake
It makes me cringe

And now she flinches away from hugs
Flinches if anyone comes too close
Looks away from happy couples
And cries inside the whole time

She wanted nothing but love
Adoration, respect,loyalty and the truth
But though she gave more than everything she could
She seemed to receive none

And as i stand at the corner and watch her
Trying to catch her every time she falls
I just can't help but cry along in frustration
As she pushes me away again and again

She has lost the trust of men and friends
Blames herself for not being good enough
When the truth is she is so fucking amazing
I wish .i wish i could be what she is.what she used to be

I don't know what to do
But just be here when you need me
Because right now
You seem to be trying to fix yourself alone

-3A.M


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...