Thursday 30 April 2015

GWTI- come back

"please" he whispered, as he breathed into the phone softly. I closed my eyes and flinched at his pain, and gave in. almost. when everything rushed back to me. his betrayal. his voice. the pictures of him holding her hand. kissing her passionately. i remembered every outing i had with him, the way his eyes flashed behind his customized raybans specs, the way hed tenderly hold my cheek when we were alone. all the memories...
He took my silence as another way of me thinking to take him back. i didnt respond. my mind was filled with memories of him. each time we hugged, his arms around me, his smile that he saved for me. i stopped the flow of memories as i heard a clatter of glass bottles in the background and another crushing of a can. "youre drinking" i stated, unsuprised as i heard him stumble to his bed and curse at the bottles in the way. "yes" he replied, groaning as he fumbled around in the background. i bit my lip and cursed the gods of luck. I hated it when he drank. he was angry, he was unforgiving, but later he always cried himself to sleep. i was there before. i knew what he was like. and at this moment, i felt like i was living every memory i had had with him again. "i need you" he rasped, as i heard him settle into his bed, breathing softly. "you say that now eddo. but when the time comes and im not there physically, youre gonna go out and find yourself another fuck buddy or some shit. im tired. im tired of you messaging me, calling me, and asking me for forgiveness. you were the one who demanded trust, yet you were the one who broke the trust between us. what in gods hell makes you think i want to come back to you again?"  "no one knows you like i do" he snapped finally, and i could hear it, the drunken anger, the regret, and i knew he was reaching the stage where hed resort to violent measures. for once, i was glad i wasnt there. even though hed never hit a girl, i was sure he was close enough. "no.. no one knows me like you do. but thats good. atleast now i know its worthless to trust anymore. youre a douchebag. fuck off." i replied vehemently, ending the call at once. i hated it. i hated him. i hated her. i hated how 2 of my bestfriends crushed me like i was nothing. forgot me like i was never there.

maybe thats who i am in the end
just someone
whos never there



curling into a ball i went back into the ocean of demons into my mind, that decided it was time for me to come back in. saying so, the door to the room opened and she came in, holding a box of pizza and a bottle of coke in the other. she took one look at me , set everything down, and sat next to me.

no explanations were needed as i broke down and she sat there taking the weight of it all

i was a broken piece of mess

spread everywhere like paper planes in the wind

and only some

took the chance to catch them
to put me back together.






-3AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...