Thursday 2 April 2015

Nightnares of the dead

I smiled, looking down at my hands as i clutched the science book tightly to my chest. He had left it behind in general science, and I was surprised he hadn't contacted me to get the notes inside them as well .

Raising my hand i started to knock on the door when the door opened itself slightly. The first thing that hit me was the silence. I was confused. Should i enter or not?

Fuck it. I knew his sister anyway and his family is never home.
So i entered.

Then the smell hit me.
the raw metallic tang so heavy in the air I choked and stumbled as i got the bout of dizziness. I came upon the kitchen to see blood
Blood everywhere

Putting the text book down I tip toed further and regretted it instantly.

Something happened
Something bad

I could see the maid. She was still holding the keys in her hand tightly, her mouth formed into a surprised 'O' as her jugular was sliced open. The blood was from her. I was sure of it

Holding back the bile I turned to run into the main living room where he would usually lounge only to stop and see the most horrifying sight

There he was
Held by one of the two men while the other held the gun to his head. My footsteps attracted their attention as all 3 of them turned to look at me

And that's when I saw his parents side by side in the sofa

His father had died with the eyes open

And i could see the fear

"Run sumi!" Goft shouted, struggling to get away as he forced the attackers to look at him instead.
their arms barely budged as the man with the gun started to smile and put the gun against gofts temples.

"Saow thanngaan" he whispered. And shot him
(run little girl)

 "NO!!" i roared and jerked awake clutching  my blankets as i felt everything suffocate me. My clothes were choking me. My hair strangled me.


"Nooo" i screamed and surged forward and struggled out of my confinement and hit the corner of my room, pushing myself against the walls as more memories surged into me."stop" i begged no one as i banged my fists against the walls trying to escape. I couldn't make myself walk out anymore as it was the darkness of my mind killing me. I needed to run. Get out. But my legs froze and would not move. I needed help. But i was home alone. The dead bodies I saw in my lab earlier that day popped into my mind
The smoker with the lungs
The lady with the heart attack
And the young teenage boy who was stabbed

I couldn't do it

I needed to know someone I loved was alive
And that's when I properly opened my eyes and saw the time

And that's when I realized my best friend had left melbourne and was at a flight as i was thinking of her. I couldn't call her

But as if fate decided to show mercy
A message popped up from her

"Reached"


It's as if she knew I'd worry
I didn't have to ask her to message me when she leaves and when she lands

And that single message calmed me down
My erratic heart stopped beating and went down slowly.

It was okay

I was okay
It was a nightmare


This is why I hate falling asleep at nights
I see people

But it's okay

I have light
I will fight this
I have friends behind me


I'm not crazy


-3A.M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...