Wednesday 1 April 2015

Time

I learned through my life that there's nothing constant in this world. We go through seasons, the leaves change colours while the pollen blows by us and with society changing it's leaders, we say goodbye to people. We spend so much time pondering our failures, scrutinizing out mistakes, and waste the time we could've used to rectify them. We're stuck in the past, thinking of what's happened and wishing we could be able to live in that time again. And so we forget. We forget the most important thing of all.

Time

We forget time. Each second leaves and we end up left behind in the past, reliving what's already taken place. We forget that not a day repeats itself, because unlike seasons that come and go, a day will come and go but that certain day will not arrive again. We forget, through our pain, that like happiness, time is a scarce resource. For every minute we use to dwell in the past and refuse to move on, we end up wasting the time that could've been used to make new memories, that could've brought on a smile to our face.

It's not worth it being stuck in the past my friend. Nah. I never realized what I have been missing until it came and forced itself into my life

And every day I smile

I find a reason to smile
Rather than worry about what I could've done
What I should not have done
What I'd like to change

As long as I'm changing myself for now
Time will treat me well


It will treat you well too

Give it time
Give time
Smile

-3A.M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...