Tuesday 4 August 2015

Street lights

"What are you looking at?" he finally asked, breaking the silence as he drove us to somewhere unknown. I could barely even muster the thoughts to answer that question, for my brain was working overtime, induced by the state of alcohol. "the lights" i answered, slightly slurring over my words as i desperately tried to open my mouth properly. i turned to see the corner of his lips twitch slightly, as he raised a eyebrow. "what about them?" he asked, as he kept his gaze straight ahead. i looked back at the lights, that seemed to glow indefinitely brighter, powered by electrcity coming from a place no one thinks about. "we are like these lights". i stated as my mind started getting even more blurry. "you see. look at them. theyre so pretty and bright while we look at them. but rarely does anyone take the time to understand the reason why theyre like that. no one even thinks about where they get the power to be so bright, where the source of the energy comes from, and why they are there in that specific place or why that specific shape. theres so much things we could take the time to know but we dont. just like humans. were like that." i finished, as i shook my head slightly to get rid of the blurry haze over my eyes. Aiden didnt say anything as he processed my words, then he asked softly, "but theyre not living things. We are". i scoffed at that and looked at him. " Even if we're living right now, does that mean you take the time to look at someone and think what story they may hold? do you ever look at someone and wonder why they may dress as such or walk as such? we are walking stories that no one wants to read. and i want to be the one writing about these people. write about myself. im a damn open book that no one bothers to read." i ended my sentence whispering, as i closed my eyes sleepily. the silence descended upon us slowly, as if he didnt know what to say to me. thats when he took a deep breath and sighed. "I know you wont remember this when youre awake tomorrow. so lets just talk then. youre drunk and emotional right now".  i looked away, tears suddenly stinging my eyes as i took a deep breath of my own. "i may be drunk and emotional, but i think everyone knows that when were drunk, with no control of our thoughts, its socially impossible to lie. and right now Aiden, im a fucking book youre closing because youre scared of reading me further in case you dont like the ending."




3A.M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...