Friday 4 September 2015

Mirror Mirror

Mirror, mirror on my wall
what is this i see?
fat, ugly, and small
is there something i can be?

mirror mirror, if i change my eyes
will i look more pretty?
ill wear makeup, ill cover my smile
and ill never be seen as a girl with pity

mirror mirror, if i change my hair
To any colour except black
will people finally stop and look
for i have something they lack?

mirror mirror, im so fat
will starving myself be everything?
ill cut down my food, like eating air
will i be worth a diamond ring?

Mirror mirror i cannot sleep
for my mind is telling tales
of ugliness, of imperfection, everything i am
should i believe those males?

oh mirror dont you see
how sad i am, being me
for as i stand here, looking at what you show
is there anyway i can look for more?

please mirror listen to my pleas
for i want to be a pretty girl
tall, skinny, and fair
a princess for you all

But i understand mirror, what you show
for i can never be what society looks for
im not tall, skinny, or pretty
for i am a girl never looked back for

Its okay mirror i understand
why you have slowly obscured my face
for within your cracks given by my hand
you want to hide away my grace

Therefore i shall listen to you oh mirror
for i will always be what theyre naught
because within all these imperfections
is a beauty never bought.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...