Friday 22 January 2016

i remember you

Today i saw your face
when he was smiling at me
it was so sudden, so abrubt
there was nothing else i could see

i remember how i stopped smiling
and looked at him like he was the one
because it was him
but i was looking at you

i remember how he stopped smiling
and your face slowly faded away
i remember being unable to breathe
unable to explain how crazy i honestly was

it was so hard to explain to him
why i had suddenly looked at him like he was the only one in the world
because he had given me the most tenderest smile
that i couldnt help but close my eyes on

he wasnt you
and i wasnt thinking about you
but you had to pop in there
out of nowwhere
and remind me again of how i was unable to move on

i remember him asking if i was okay
and i took a shaky breath and said yes of course
he grinned again and shyly looked down at his smoothie
but by then i was too knackered to start another conversation

you see when i saw his hands slowly itch towards mine
resting next to the sugar and salt packets
immediately panicking i grabbed some
to keep my hands busy, to keep it away from him

theyre not your hands
slender and long
that had an iron like grip
like youd never lose me in a crowd

so nervously i finished my smoothie quickly
and thought of lame excuses
and ended the day an hour early
for my mind had gone astray

too much to think off
so much to lose
too little to have said
yet so much to have gone through

i remember everything like a hurricane
and im stuck in the middle
its okay maybe next time
i hope i rememer nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...