Thursday 1 September 2016

Atoms

"Do you know where atoms come from?"  i asked him, as we sat across the meadow overlooking his house. "No" he replied, fixing his gaze onto me. I smiled, still not looking at him. " The story of every atom in this planet, the ones that make up the grass, the sand, the forests, and us humans; these atoms come from the stars." he sat forward, hunching his shoulders as he watched me with a slight frown between his eyebrows. 'Stars' , i continued, ignoring his look, "are mortal like humans. they die, and in their later years, are unstable. it is a bit absurd for me to say this, but a stars death is so much more dramatic than a humans' ". "why?" he asked me, flabbergasted. "the stars im referring to, collapsed and exploded a very long time ago, scattering their very entrails of their remains across the entire universe. Here,' i gave him my hand, and automatically his hands enclosed mine, filling it with warmth. ' the stars remains were splayed across every inch of time and space, becoming fundamental ingredients of life and existence. Carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen and so much more , are from them .' "and then?" he asked, now watching the skies as if he could see the very atoms i named. "and then" i said, smiling softly at him, 'these very atoms all condense and collapse and form solar systems, planets, and the ingredients of our very own lives. the universe is us." i whispered softly, placing a kiss on our joined hands. "your atoms, my atoms, all come from those stars. We are made from stardust." i whispered, gazing at him in the shadow of the night. He let out a breath, as if wondering why i suddenly brought this conversation up. Then he looked at me and smiled a breathtaking smile and leaned closer. " You have always been my star. No youre actually like a million stars that are connected to form the biggest constellation in the sky. i love you." he murmured in the dark, putting his forehead against mine. i smiled back, and lightly touched his cheekbones as i lost myself within his depths of his soul. "You're not just a star to me, but my whole god damn sky you idiot."






-3A.M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...