Tuesday 21 November 2017

Drunk love

I stumbled into the bathroom, taking care not to slip on the tiled floor as i turned and watched for her. She had just finished waving goodbye to her guests , and was closing the door , with no idea how i was looming behind her. "Emily!"  I whispered harshly , when she turned around and didnt even glance at the bathroom i was in. With a startled glance , she locked eyes.

We both knew why I was there , hiding in in the darkness watching her . With 2 giant steps she threw her arms around me just as I pulled her into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

She was in my arms . Finally .
It felt like something had shifted . The tense , nervous atmosphere,  the eggshells we both had been walking on, to ensure her family didnt find out about us, had disappeared. 

And we both tilted our heads and kissed.  I could taste her . I could taste the slight scotch on her breath just as same i was sure she could taste the beer.  I held her so tightly i wondered briefly if she could breath . But I didn't care. I was tipsy,  I was emotional , and I fucking missed her.

The hardest part was perhaps ignoring her, pretending we were just friends via a mutual friend . When in reality she was more .

She was my girlfriend .
My partner .
The love of my life .

"Are you okay ?" She whispered , cupping my face . I shook my head, trying not to cry. "No..I miss you. Its so hard emily . It's so fucking hard". Her own face contorted at my pain and she held back her tears as she buried her fa c e against my neck . "I know. I know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"

And we held each other that way. Both of us tucked away at the crooks of each other's neck, holding each other up , while the rest of the party knew nothing of the 2 girls hiding in the bathroom just for a simple hug.

-3am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...