Wednesday 23 October 2019

why does it hurt so

Such a weird feeling feeling
That it hurts to see you happy
But it also feels good to see you happy
What is this pain?
It doesnt twist my insides like it used to
No its not jealousy
It doesnt hurt my chest like it used to
No its not a love lost
It doesn't make me sick 
No its not pride

Its selfishness
It feels like a growing vine
It starts from my throat
Twirling itself around like branches of a tree
Affecting my ability
To get words out 
To tell you i am happy for you
Because i am. Believe me i am
But the vines twist and tighten
For in truth what i really want to say
Is when will i be
Just as happy as you?
When will i find someone who will love me
And tell me why im worth loving ?
The vines continue twisting and twirling
And all i can get out when i look at you
Is hey, im glad youre doing good
Im happy for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...