Wednesday 23 October 2019

destruction

The way you loved me
Was so volatile and destructive
I only remembered your love when your lips pushed against mine
And your hands buried themselves in my chest.
I told myself thats how you love me
For i breathed life into you
To stoke your flames of passion and violence
Because all i learnt my whole life
That the only way you could show love
Was to mold my heart with your tongue
I never learnt gentle caresses from words unspoken
Nor did i ever feel the effects of orgasmic bliss
For whenever you pushed my head down your body
Let my tongue bring you to a whole new world
You never did the same to me
But i believed that was love
I believed that the way i loved you
In my own broken, pathethic way
Was how love was meant to be
How sad it is
That the way we loved
Was all but a war we walked into willingly 
And yet as i stand here 
On my own battlefield 
Piecing my soul back together 
I watch you dance with someone else
What a storm of violence you are 
What a war i just won. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...