Sunday 6 September 2020

Beloved

To my Beloved, you tell me of home
So here I am painting you a sky of stars
They twinkle and shine bright like you wanted
My beloved, is this home enough?

You tell me you are thirsting for love
So I create lakes and rivers to quench your thirst
They flow with my love, towards you
Yet, can you not feel my love, beloved ?

You ask me of the clouds above you
Why they dance along with the wind
My lover,  I am dancing along inside them 
Can you not see me, beloved ?

You stand quietly when the wind whips around you
It is I, trying my hardest to touch you
Caress you, hold you in my embrace 
Can you not feel my touch, beloved ?

I create this world for you my beloved
So you may find your happiness within my creation
Yet you sit and cry looking at the sky 
Look around, is this not enough, beloved?

I walk along with you on this path
This path you believe to have condemned you
Loneliness has no space in your heart beloved
Tell me, can you see me beside you?

I am at your feet, my lover 
Praying for you to see me
The same way you pray to me
Can you hear my prayers my beloved ?

I breathe love unto the air you breathe 
I shower you with love under the rain
I grow flowers wherever you walk 
Yet you turn your eyes away from me

I love you, my soul, my friend
My lover and my end
Your existence is the reason behind my creation as mine is for yours
Will you now fathom my love for you ?

Will you now take me as your lover too , my beloved ? Will you make space in the heart for the sacred reunion between us? The time of convergence is near, and I long to meet you again. So tell me, will you not come home to me, my beloved ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...