Sunday 27 September 2020

Going back home

The tides have turned 
The ship has arrived
It's docking at shore 
To take back time

It has hailed it's queen
With her sword and crown 
The gang planks have been lowered
Let the sailors drown 

For she needs no men
To bring her glory 
She is all a queen and woman
Of bone and ivory 

I watch as she walks
The bridge to home
I can't help but wonder
Will she be okay on her own 

The seagulls fly above
Crying in glee
Announcing her arrival 
The reunion of three

So I know deep down 
She will be with family 
Family of all
Just not without me 

The water burns my shins 
As I push her boat out the shore 
Karma has taken the oars
To bring her back home 

I now stand 
In an empty land
Where naught exists


Exist 

How easy it is to assume my existence 
As I push my fifth ship to sail
I now understand the curse of Callisto
For I always end up alone again 

What am I to do
But to wallow in misery 
I am but a sad soul at heart 
Non commissionary

Then wallow I shall 
In the darkness of my walls
Where fire will no longer enter
Nor will the moon ever stall

For the moon is now sailing on her ship 
Putting on her crown of glory 
She will bring it back to her people 
As spoils of war from this history 

The bull will stay at shore 
Waiting for its chance 
To build its own ship 
By its own hands

Wherever you go
May you be victorious 
May you be free of heartache and pain
May you survive everything thrown at you 
May you be happy and healthy 
May you get everything you desire 
This world is made for you 

I hope one day you know that 




-S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...