Wednesday 23 September 2020

Time

Time

Time is passing by again it seems
Faster and faster, as the day draws close 
From sudden weeks to days to hours 
Once again I will be alone

Time

Time is as fickle-minded as I am
For it cannot decide what to bring
Will it be loneliness, anxiety and depression ?
Or just the agony of never seeing you again 

Time is passing by too fast my friend
How can one stop the concept of time 
In spirituality they tell us time doesn't exist
And here I am counting time 

Your door already opens to an empty house
The room and walls are bare of love
The carpets seem less trodden
The warmth has disappeared from your home

Time

I have lived all these years on earth 
Yet I cannot help but loathe time
For it brings the best of our world's in one 
And takes it away in the same line

I know not what time has in the future for us
For you, for Me, for our lives
All I can tell you now
I hate how time is passing by

I wish I could write you stories of joy
Of our shared laughter and pain 
I wish I could tell you how proud I am
In case I never say the words again 

But here I am as bitter like old
Cursing what I lose more than gain
For the world intends to rip me apart 
So I will depart with no pain

Yet here I am now counting seconds 
Seconds to being alone in my thoughts 
It seems fate has decided it is time 
to let go of what was meant to be not 

To whereever you go may the winds sail
And to the ground beneath you that won't ever fail
to the skies that will shower you will rain 
To the stars where we'll both end up in again

I hail thee, as my confidante and friend
I hail thee, as a sister till the end
I am but a wandering soul now with nothing to give 
I hope the time I gave, was well received 

Wherever you go. I will be your shadow . 

-S






No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...