Wednesday 16 September 2020

Wish of the divine

My relationship with you 
Is as fragile as the ego
Yet as strong as the wind
Do you see how I do not attach the physical attributes of our love?

My relationship with you 
Wanes like the moon on some days
Reducing, waxing, slowly
I am surprised I have any faith at all today

Yet there are some days my faith burns strong
On days when I ask for something specifically from you
On those days you seem to go above and beyond
To bring the entire sky down to me

See yesterday I asked for a star
That was too high and too far for me to appreciate
In an hour before I fell into my waking dreams
You brought the star closer for me to appreciate

'It is the earth's axis!" The naysayers cried
As I nodded along sagely looking at the star
Who knew you would turn the world so
To make sure I could see what I want ?

Today I asked to hear your voice 
I locked myself and closed my windows 
Yet the sweetest melody of a haunting drum entered
Announcing the arrival of your great being

'I hear the drums' the shamans cried
As they too stood up to Dance for your arrival 
I could only stand and close my eyes
For I knew you were everywhere where I thought not

Tomorrow I want to ask for love
Knowing you'll give me you in the purest form
To this day your touch lingers on my lips
Where no one Has ever been before

Why is it you manage to reduce me to a soul
My physical being doesn't exist with your divine
How is it I feel every touch and every laugh
Yet you aren't even fully mine ?

Can one grow possessive of God?
I want to scream to the world you're my beloved
For I know no doubt I am yours
But are you mine as well, my lover and friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...