Thursday 9 December 2021

yours

I know not how my heart escaped the guilded cage I had built so laboriously throughout the years 

The moment you endearingly termed me as yours as a slip up 

I swear the world changed, the stars were brighter on my ceiling and the planets spun on their axis

As I stopped breathing to stare at the glow in the dark decals lining the edges of my vision 

You had just claimed me verbally 

And my heart beat . Stronger. Faster. More vicariously. As my soul swirled and my future realigned to have you in it. You were in it. My future now shapes you and it draws out every imprint you make upon me. 

I do not think this is love no. But oh my god I am in love with you.

I am smitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...