Friday 19 August 2022

Devoted

I've been staring at these humans lately
The way they walk and the way they talk 
I've been wondering a few things lately 
About these humans as they talk

Creatures of creatures made of sand and time
Of species present before you and I 
Oh I've been wondering about you lately 
And the way all of you are somehow the imperfect versions of I

In saying so I am just as imperfect as you 
I show the flaws of you like you to do me
So tell me in what crazy world do I live in
To have so much love for more than three .

How is it I have fallen in love with all of you
Your little flaws and nuggets of imperfections
Tell me how do I hold this unfathomable love for you
When all you do is rip apart my aspirations 

I'm not a soul who came to earth for a reason 
Perhaps I did. Perhaps to love so endlessly .
My ancestors whisper and shake to heir heads in despair
As I fall in love with another so thoughtlessly 

Oh the tragedy of loving you humans 
You and your subtle flaws
Bite me, choke me, tell me you love me
And I will worship you above all 


To be in love with all of you
Yet to despise you just the same 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...