Friday 27 January 2023

Ghosts of all I could've been

 I spent my 20's chasing ghosts of all those I thought I should be

Could be

Should've been

Until I finally became someone


Yet now that I am someone

I feel like I am no one

I feel like I am not enough


Someone explain to me how I spent 10 years chasing after dreams to make something of myself only to still be left wondering and focusing on the what ifs and the what could've been if becoming someone isnt enough.


I never thought I would ever come to the realisation the only ghost I have been chasing is my own shadow- and yet as I sit here with my shadow in front of me, asking me what else could I ever want when I have achieved the stability I craved so desperately for, I am rendered speechless.


To all the versions of me, I am sorry I put you through hell to only be unhappy

to all the future versions of me, i am sorry for feeling like I am not enough


I do not know how to feel like I am someone. But I will try. I will pick myself up and I will continue searching for this unknown feeling of never being satisfied enough. Of never being enough


I am sorry to you , dear self. How selfish and cruel I have been to put you through all this only to never tell you how thankful I am for bringing me where I am now. I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...