Thursday 8 January 2015

body images

Why is is were expected to be perfect role models amongst youngsters, with slim bodies and perfect hair, and stand straight with shoulders back?
Or is it just all the media portrayals of how people are supposed to look like now days?

I'm not a person with a skinny figure and perfect skin and hair. Its rather the opposite. I've got my fat hugging my figure like a soft blanket, accentuating my breasts, and half the time I'm hunched over when standing, a habit i acquired over time.

But im the most insecure person on this side of the planet.
Probably

But i was on the phone with the only friend i tell everything in my life about. And it hit me when I was about to compliment her on how she looked in her beach bikini, she brought up the comment about how fat she looked before I even finished my sentence. And i stopped. I looked at the video where she ran across the pier to jump into the sea, and to me she looked fine. Amazing really. She had curves, a figure that didn't have her body fat rolling in absurd rolls,and she had that athletic shoulders and legs  of a retired swimmer. Yet what was fat in her eyes?

Is it because her ribs weren't sticking out to be seen with the naked eyes?

Or the fact that next to her petite friend she felt fat

It's such a disgusting word
3 letters can psychologically affect ones mind so much it can traumatize them.
Make them hurt

Yet why do we bother about it?
What is this desire for perfection, when there is no perfect description on how someone should look like?

Why do you care about what others think of you?


Why do i care?


-3 am musings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...