Tuesday 3 March 2015

Having her back

She walked in front of me, leading us to our destination. And as i struggled along with my sore quads I couldn't help but smile. She was back. She was here again. I hadn't talked or laughed as much as I had with her. And as we sat down and talked and talked without limit, i felt myself putting down the walls again that erected when she was gone. She gained my trust

And i wasn't scared

And that hit me

As she laughed uncontrollably about how others view our friendship as a goal to look forwards to.

And it's funny how there's never enough to say
There are no uncomfortable spaces in our conversation

We spent 4 hours without knowing and soon it was time to go home.
She accepts my hugs without complaint now


And as we went our seperate ways


We both had a smile on our faces

It was good to have her back


It was good to be back with my mind again


This year is our year
For our friendship
And I'll work for it

I've never been the best friend
But I'll be someone
She can finally look at
when we do stupid shit together



-3A.M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...