Wednesday 4 March 2015

thrown back

"What do you want to be?" he asked, smiling softly as we sat next to the river bank, throwing rocks to see who threw it the farthest. I looked at him, admiring his sharp nose and my favorite crooked grin on his face, as he plucked another stone from the ground and threw it into the river. " author " i answered back immediately, grinning my broken toothed smile as the scar on my upper lips twinged in pain. He smiled wider and stretched, unfurling his long limbs and laying back down in the grass. "You?" i asked, staring at the bit of skin that peeked at me from underneath his shirt. "A skater" he grinned, the bad boy grin, as he rolled over on his stomach and promptly fell asleep. I couldn't help but sit closer, run my hands over his soft hair that was just below his ears. And when he sleepily opened one eye and smiled at me yet again, I realized I was in love. It didn't matter how ugly I looked or how dark I was in skin colour. Because the moment I found him, it was just him and i.


And i wonder what would've happened to us now. I'm studying science. He probably would've kept his passion for collecting shoes and still skateboard every now and then
And handle his dad's gigantic company.


And he would've known how to erase my mind from all these fears
From all this stress
For the moment I saw him
The sudden charge of electricity always increased in intensity the closer we got


And it's been so gosh darn empty
Since he's been gone






-3A.M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...