Thursday 23 April 2015

He's drinking his sorrows away
Waiting for blood to turn to alcohol
He's begging me to stay
And perhaps watch him a little more

He tells me I love you
I quietly store those words
Because as much as I want to say them back
I can't.

He cooks dinner and goes back to sleep
I quietly watch him from my room
He's living a shadow of demons deep
And waiting for his oncoming doom

He opens his laptop and gazes ar the light
That start to illuminate his very soul
As I go out with my friends and come back at night
I watch him shed tears unknown

He asks me what do I want for my birthday
When both of us know he's broke
I choke down the sadness and shake my head
Because he's all I'd ever want in a brother

But i dont know how to help him
When he keeps himself locked away
In a guilded cage of diamond and pearls
He pushes me away

so i ask again countless times
what can i do to help you
he smiles the painful snile everytime
and says theres nothing i can do

i am celebrating my birthday
again without him
though i keep on asking him to come
he denies once again

he is my brother inside out
but as a sister im lost
how do i help someone
whos becoming so cold



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...