Friday 21 August 2015

"Behind this smile', i murmured, tracing my hand lightly over the photo the press had printed out in the papers, 'is everything no one would want to understand for money is everything to people nowdays." He gently grabbed the newspaper from me and observed the picture, my dad with his stern cold eyes and my mother with her similar expression, except smiling slightly like she found the camera men amusing. And then there was me. If you looked hard enough beyond my one-sided smile youd notice how out of place i felt, the confusion in my eyes as the camera flashes blinded us for this photo. "Country's richest family donated a hefty sum of 400,000 dollars to the homeless shelter suffering disabilities! Read more to find out about their youngest daughter and her deeds!" Aiden snorted as he read the title in a mocking voice, and turned to look at me with eyebrows raised. "Do i want to know your deeds?" he asked cheekily, as he folded the paper over and threw it into the sofa. I narrowed my eyes at the paper then shrugged, uninterested at the words printing lies. "i wasnt the one who donated to the homeless shelter. That was dads publicist. i work in a volunteer shelter training dogs to help the deaf and blind walk to places without needing contant help from their useless families." He blinked in suprise and smiled slightly, cocking his head to the side."So when do you work?" "Friday and saturday evenings" i murmured, getting slightly annoyed with the way he looked at me. Aiden laughed suddenly and grinned, walking to the playroom and leaving me behind. "1 v 1 me in Rocket league Ash!" he shouted, as he raced to the playroom to grab my favorite controller. Groaning, i followed him, not before picking up the newspaper and looking at the photo again. There was one person missing in the photo, perhaps if he was here it wouldve looked perfect.

My brother was missing.










-3AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...