Thursday 27 August 2015

random idea

My name is Riley and im 19 years old. My dad is a rich businessman and my mother works alongside him as his equal, his partner, and his ex wife. Thats right. Ex-wife. They both had a mutual agreement for a divorce when i was 11, for things werent working out at all. Dad threw himself into the business and mom did as well, and both had no time for a relationship crumbling, for no one had the time to come back to an already empty home, devoid of any sound, any laughter, or any love. Within the divorce, both accepted to have equal custody of me, therefore i remained in the house they used to live together, until money mattered more than their child. Was i bitter? No. Am i lonely? No . After all, i had everything a young adult or teenager would wish for. The gaming technologies ranging from even the priceless ones such as the very first Nintendo Entertainmet System from the early 1980’s to the most recent Playstation or whatever kids call it nowdays. I was very priveleged, in a sense that i had enough money in my credit cards to buy anything at my whim, yet they stay unused in my wallet that never came out of my bag. You see, with all these rich luxuries, the colours, and all these cool gadgets i still havent brought myself to touch, i was the reason why they probably stayed away from home. I was the reason for the silence within the walls, so quite, that my thoughts are louder in my head. For you see, Riley Izzara Blakesmith was born deaf. One of the most priveleged kids in the world has never heard a sound in her life, never heard her own laughter, and probably never heard her mom crying when she realized her own daughter could not even herself call her “mom”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...