Tuesday 25 August 2015

Remember the rain

Remember the rain when it comes down
For it affects only those around
Though you open the umbrella to keep you dry
The chill goes into your bones without a sound

Remember the rain he said when the sun's hiding
And the pregnant layers of the skies burst open
For nothing washes Away emotions
As the sky starts crying

Remember the rain they murmured
as they closed the casket covering your face
as everyone stepped back together
I stepped forward with grace

Remember the rain the priest murmured
as i bent and kissed your wooden door
as the water engulfed all sound around me
i slowly slid to the floor

Remember the rain my parents shouted
as they threw my art books away from me
and after the beating stopped and i stood up
i realized your picture was buried within the sea

Remember the rain my friends whispered
as they all hugged me goodbye
and i stepped into the plane to never come back
for time left me with nothing behind

Remember the rain you told me
when you visited me in my dreams
a hug, a whisper, a kiss
of times i still sorely miss

I remember the rain my love
i remember it everyday
6 years has gone so fast
yet ive never run out of words to say




-3AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...