Saturday 24 October 2015

All these masks

One for myself, i hate to be
two for my parents, worrying about me
three for the teachers, promising to stay
four for the friendships, i always break anyway

so many masks i hold dear
so many faces i start to fear
here's another person, let me make another mask
stay away i try to say, its a delirious task

five for the sibling, i try to ignore
six for the workmates, ignorant forevermore
seven for the customers, here's another smile
eight for the demons, inside my mind

Here's my ninth, when i reach the store
where is my tenth, a little girl asks from the floor
i bend down and remove each one
knowing me, who wouldnt run?

my first mask is for failure, being stuck with me
second shows expectations, that i never reach properly
third for the knowledge , i never seem to gain
fourth is for the love, that always causes me pain

fifth is for the compassion, do i have any?
sixth is for acceptance, that i never got regretfully
seventh is a slap, straight to my face
while the eight is of a lunatic, crazy with grace

the ninth is of embarrassment, afraid to be seen
the tenth is for shame, even bleach wont clean
these masks stay on forever, changing everyday
so much so, i cant even tell you who i am today





-3AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...