Saturday 5 November 2016

And though i cant have you this life
and maybe not the next 10 after
its okay, ill stay and watch
The woman you turn thereafter

And when the sun arrives once again
And your eyes shine a beautiful scotch
I'll once again close my eyes
and drink myself to oblivion

Because i know the littlest things about you
the way your hair runs through my hand
The way your dimple pops up unexpectedly
in a way im kinda glad

Im afraid to love someone like you
Such a bold, fiery comet
your words are swords you dont hesitate to use
the same ones that blanket me in haste

You lean in close and set my heart afire
your lips leave behind a lingering addiction
and the moment your hands then leave mine
i know im all but another friendly addition

I watch you attempt to find someone else
someone whos nothing like I
and yet when the sun goes down and we stay up
im the one picking your broken pieces at nigh'

But its okay my warrior
With your armor of gold and steel
ill be here, letting you use me
until i no longer can feel

Semanti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...