Wednesday 14 June 2017

Broken souls

It was almost comical really
The way we fell into step right next to each other
Beside each other
And how our arms sought each other's hands
Gripping tightly
We maneuvered ourselves
Amongst the angry people
Amongst the stares and whispers

And i couldnt help but glance at you in that second
Where my arm was brushing against yours
Where i could smell you.
You. Just you
And i remembered stopping

Cupping your cheeks
And leaning in to kiss you
You were startled
Your lips were shaped in a soft 'o'
But you met my fierce kiss with a passion unlike other

And there we were
Two broken souls
Trying their best
To piece themselves together haphazardly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...