Wednesday 13 December 2017

Hurt me

And how is it
That I let you hurt me
Again and again without fail

And how is it that i let you hurt me
When I was high and low
No matter the night skies
I slept fretfully so

And why is it that you hurt me
With sticks and matches
That burn me alive

Why is it that you hurt me With words of all things
Knowing words are my greatest weakness
Even if it's from a screen
A thousand miles inbetween
Yet here i am shuddering
Trembling
Begging

What have I done wrong
When I gave you my all
Where did i go wrong with my all
When you left me with nothing

When i found love
you decided to walk

So walk
Walk away
I'll stay where I am
I'll stay where I feel best
Where I feel loved

Because people walk away
Give them 3 years they said
And see if anyone ever stays

I gave you 5
Yet look at us now
You spite me
Put me down
And enjoy my pain
and walk back just to start this cycle again

Maybe I love too easily
And i love hard
Did i love you too much friend?
Did I care too much ?
Or did I not understand you after these 5 years .

A natural shadow hovering behind
All the damn time
That's what I am right?

It's okay

The darkness is a old friend
Except im not exactly in its arms
I'm in a place where the skies are blue
And the sun shines here and here
And despite some cloudy skies and rain
I have love
That reminds me . Tells me to look up
Walk forward
And let you walk away

So go

Why is it that you hurt me so?

-3am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...