Thursday 11 June 2020

Our love is God

As lovers, we often tend to forget
the reason behind our existence
I spend more time mourning you
than to ever wonder
why I love you in the first place
and perhaps this is where the universe
decided to step in to separate me from you
to test me
whether the separation I feel
is real

but there is no such thing as separation
goodbyes never existed between us
which is why we never uttered the word
because we never merely loved with our eyes
we loved with our heart and soul
because lovers like us, we don't just meet someday
nor do we meet somewhere
we are in each other all along
you dance inside my chest where no one sees you
you linger on my lips where no one can taste you
you stay on my skin, kissing my being
you follow my existence, where no one can touch you
you see, our love is only for me to feel
and our love is to be like god
for what do mortals know
when we are a work of art?

-3am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...